Sal Lifrieri has seen it all in the security and law enforcement world. He began his career as a NYPD patrol officer in the South Bronx and worked his way up through the ranks to plain clothes, investigations and ultimately achieved the rank of Detective First Grade. He was hand-selected and trained to become a member of the Hostage Negotiation Team in 1988. Later, while serving in the NYPD’s elite Intelligence Division, he was chosen to develop, implement and run the Russian Organized Crime project. A year later, he accepted the position to head the Protective Operations Unit (POU), which handled threat assessments, threat investigations, communications security, site surveys, and advance site security for major events to protect Mayor Rudolph Giuliani, his family, and other key elected officials.
While leading the POU, he also developed protocols for threat assessments, investigations and site security surveys.
Sal served as the Director of Security and Intelligence Operations for Mayor Rudolph Giuliani's Office of Emergency Management from 1997 – 2001, a role in which he was responsible for the management of security, and intelligence operations for New York City’s Emergency Management. He retired from the NYPD after 20 years of service.
Today, Sal Lifrieri heads Protective Countermeasures and Consulting, Inc., in New Rochelle, N.Y., a security consultancy that specializes in threat and vulnerability assessments, counter espionage, counter terrorism, and training programs.
He is also a renowned lecturer on the subjects of VIP and celebrity stalking, Threat and Vulnerability Assessments, Crisis Management and Planning, Terrorism, Executive Travel Safety and Women & Stalkers.
Sal has developed a series of security-related keynote presentations to meet the needs of audiences who want to create a safer environment for themselves, their businesses or their clients.
Each keynote is tailored to an interactive audience,
often supplemented with video and PowerPoint presentations.
Mr. Lifrieri is available to speak at your next conference, seminar, corporate meeting,
HR training session, or security training event.
Sal Lifrieri’s most sought-after speeches include:
• The Laymen’s Guide to Intelligence Assessment
• A Woman's Guide to Avoid Stalking and Con Men
• ROB Training (Recognition of Observable Behavior)
• Counter Surveillance Operations – Are You Being Watched or Followed?
• Technical Surveillance: Who is Listening to Your Conversations?
• Developing an Effective Executive Protection Team
• Site Assessments/Security Surveys to Protect Your Facilities
• Defending Against Social Engineering
• Crisis Planning & Intelligence Operations (Using Intelligence for Crisis Planning)
• The Crisis Management Planning Process
• Crisis Management Versus Consequence Management
• Identifying and Planning for the Modern Day Terrorist
• Guarding elected officials (Real Life Experiences from the “Detail”)